Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Portfolio 7 on part (c) choice!

The values and beliefs I hold strongly to in this life journey.

I believe that to accomplish any goal in life, we need perseverance and enthusiasm. Every step that I take, it is not about how fast I get there but it is the journey that I hold high in regard. It encompasses our climb to the top. From my experience in facilitating students in their studies as a private tutor over the past years, I have learnt that visions are powerful mental images of what we want to create in the future. Every dream that we have as an individual translates to the direction that we are heading and though for some it is constantly an uphill battle, yet it is not impossible. The students I taught reflected to me what hardwork and passion is all about. The tension we often feel from comparing our ideal mental image of our desired future and expectation of ourselves is usually what that fuels a vision. Just keep pushing on and just keep trying makes a wholesome ideal in striving for success. These boys whom I taught might not know Mathematics formulas at their fingertips but their perseverance to gain knowledge and keep on trying reveal to me that mistakes and failures are a symbol of life in itself. This is essentially how we learn. It has been an inspirational and enriching experience being taught and teach simultaneously.

1 comment:

  1. wow
    a short, sharp and sweet essay!
    i do appreciate your value of life, or in another word, i have the same feeling.

    your entry is as excellent as usual.

    ReplyDelete